Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  September 22, 2014 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
>> hello, everyone, i'm dana perino, it's 5:00 in new york city, and this is "the five." president obama heads to the u.n. tomorrow where he will continuing trying to build a coalition to battle isis. other nations are reportedly on board to launch air strikes with us in syria. would we have gotten to this point if we had armed the rebels in the country sooner. leon panetta said that he and others urged the president to do so. he was on 60 minutes last night. >> if we started providing weapons, we didn't know where those weapons would wind up.
2:01 pm
my view was you have to begin somewhere. i think in part we paid a price for not doing that in what we ski happening with isis. >> panetta also says he thinks we left iraq too soon. >> i really thought that it was important for us to maintain a presence in iraq. the decision was that we ought to at least try to maintain 8,000 to 10,000 u.s. troops there, plus keeping some of our intelligence personnel in place to be able to continue the momentum in the right direction. frankly, having those troops there i think would have given us greater leverage on mal forc right thing as well. >> leon panetta was on 60 minutes and he has a new book out which is called "worthy fights" which is why he was on 60 minutes to promote that. i saw a distancing from hillary clinton's foreign policy. because panetta, general
2:02 pm
petraeus, they all said they had the same advice, that president obama should have armed the rebels and we shouldn't have left iraq so soon. >> this is hillary's corner cut man, when he says i need a pants suit, he says how high. isis sadly to me is becoming another political variable that is being manipulated to win an election. we should be thinking about does this administration and whoever's selling a book be thinking about the people and not the politics and can't we all get together to get these bow zeros to eliminate this threat once and for all. if isis were fox news, they would go after them. this is a war against evil and we're talking about the political nature of it to win an election. >> i didn't like that either.
2:03 pm
and i wanted to get your take, eric, on the 60 minutes piece, they showed the photograph of those four senior advisers that i mentioned. and president obama declined all of their advice. their advice was collective, he decided not to take it, which is his -- he can do that. but all of them have less government. if you're going to have advisors that you don't listen to, they probably won't stay around. >> where was leon panetta then? does he need the glasses now? or is he just trying to sell books? >> isn't the promise to bifurcate obama from clinton and then let's make sure that obama's strategy was wrong, and go over to this camp over here that will probably be a little bit more hawkish. but i'm no fan of the obama administration, anything about the timing or anything they're doing just about anywhere. but this is kind of an unfair shot at the obamas. >> that's interesting, though, because i think what you're
2:04 pm
saying, when you write a book that's a memoir, that while you have the president that you work for still in office, i think that's what you're saying, kimberly, is that maybe you can wait two years before you try to, you know, basically say that the president made the wrong decision? >> um no, the world can't wait. isis isn't waiting. >> i think that's also true. >> i hear what you're saying and i'm all for diplomacy, i'm for loyalty, i don't like rats in general. but here i feel he is saying what he truly believes in. sure, there may be a mixed motive, he wants to sell books or maybe he's channeling hillary clinton. all i'm about is doing the right thing here, so i'll give credit to whoever's saying it, to be on point, to make the decision, to call it out, because now is the time for leadership, not mincing words. i respect leon panetta. >> why didn't he say it when he was secretary, why not? >> because they were working directly for the president and i
2:05 pm
think, bob, maybe you can give us some insight into this, because on the democratic side, i think what you're -- that leon panetta was very respectful, i think he's considered a public servant that's given a lot back to america. but he's also quite a hillary clinton kind of guy, he was chief of staff there, he's been with them for about 25 years. >> i was on leon's first campaign after he split from the republican party and the democratic party and i have a lot of respect for him. but you and i both know after being in the white house, if they were so enamored about giving these -- >> that was in the press at the time. >> but not leoleon. >> it was all quiet behind the scenes, they were trying to be respectful of the president, but let it be out there in the news. >> you and i both know there's other ways to do that if you want to do it. but in any event, leon is trying to sell books, i understand
2:06 pm
that. >> people said that about secretary gates too when his book came out. >> but what is he supposed to do not say it because he didn't say it then? >> when gates book came out , he was critical of some of the president's policies. he should have said it then or at least wait until obama is out of office and i remember you saying that, they're being consistent here and i would agree with that. i would prefer a secretary of defense, of state, all of them to stand up and stay they have a problem with the administration. >> to resign, like why didn't they resign on principle? >> the facts are that there was no clarity about where these weapons were going to end up. there was a big debate about that. >> and now president obama is actually doing what they said -- and so how much time was lost in the intervening time? >> but isis was not yet formed in the way it is now. >> but it was forming and i think the experts had the
2:07 pm
foresight and president obama ignored them. >> four of them did and a lot of others in the room did not. >> well who were the a lot of others? it doesn't matter. we're going to move on to what was said on fox news sunday between brit hume and joe lieberman. >> he's not putting the full effort into that at all, which is why i think the majority who doubt the efficacy of the industriy do so, they can see that this isn't a full hearted effort. >> i think the president's speech to the nation about a week and a half ago was going to turn that around. and i'm afraid it doesn't, because there were too much of what you talked about before, not just what we're going to do to protect you, mr. and mrs. america, but here's what we're not going to do. and i don't think it was particularly reassuring to our americans but it was to our enemies. >> joe lieberman is -- lets
2:08 pm
companies know who the bad guys are, what brit hume is saying that president obama's heart is not in it. it was not a banner weekend. >> this is not president obama's passion. we have talked about it before. obama wanted to fight against rising tides, not rising terror. his real anger stems from the frustration because he can't -- he would rather save the earth than save america. not saying he's against america, but he is so obsessed with being president of the planet in this equation, president obama's like "superman" and kryptonite is global warming, we're always the bad guy in these equations, so it's hard for him to recalibrate the way he thinks and say, wait a minute, i'm the president of the united states, they're not the bad guy. >> we don't know all that's going on, nor do we know what might happen in october. >> your october surprise, bob? >> i'm just saying --
2:09 pm
>> is that a euphemism for what might happen in the -- >> there's a possibility that the president may do some things that may surprise a lot of people and do them right. >> why wait until october, if there's something that can protect americans now, why wait until october? is. >> because they don't have the places in place. >> why don't they have the pieces in place? >> these are questions you should go into the press corps and ask. >> earlier today john kerry said everyone agrees that their plan will work. but actually, i think everyone is saying, experts, not just me, but the people that are in the military, the state department, diplomats, intel, is saying that their plan is woefully insufficient. >> i don't know, i think he feels that if he says it enough, that people will believe the whole perception is reality, and if he can craft the right message, he can con us enter thinking it's okay. it's not going to be good enough, it's not going to be good enough until isis is
2:10 pm
destroyed. you have to keep reinventing and keep restrategizing for your untarget. i agree with brit hume, we have the capability, we can do it right now. what is the hesitation? i don't want to hear about this october surprise nonsense, because if they have something ready to go, why don't they do it? >> wait a second, first of all, there are thousands of people involved in this. you're taking the words of people who are in position of power, all got out of positions of power, i think most of them are covering their butts or selling their books. but you can't say everybody in national security intelligence believes this is the wrong strategy, it's not true. >> i think the generals do. >> what generals? how many have you seen? >> the majority of them are saying it's woefully inadequate. >> how about chairman and the joint chiefs? >> yeah, how about that? >> he said he agreed with the strategy. >> i figured out the october surprise, valerie jarrett and
2:11 pm
president obama are the same person. you've never seen them together, have you bob? >> very quickly, 60 minutes is about the oil? 60 minutes last night, they did a great job, they took apart what's really going on with isis. the king of jordan achnd a turkh high level intel talking about the oil revenues they're making. they're also making revenues from electricity, they're going to sell electricity back to the people and back to the syrian government and they're also getting international donation, they can't do anything about international donations, they'll still come in, but there's something you can do about the oil. here's what you can do, oil comes out of the ground in certain areas, you can literally blow up these installations, blow up the oil installation where is they pull it out of the ground and where they refine it. you're not doing anything to the oil, it will still be there for the iraqi people or the syrian people or the turkish people.
2:12 pm
just stop isis from the ability to get it out of the ground and selling it on the black market. >> that ruling infrastructure, take it back, takes the wells back and take the electric back. >> that's what donald trump wants to do. >> barring being able to take it back, blow them up. >> but think what that would do to the environment, eric. >> do you know what happened on the upper eastside today? i had the march to save the planet, but is the planet grateful for what they left behind. we're going to show you what the greenys did to the big apple over the weekend. know that chasing performance can mean lower returns and fewer choices in retirement. know that proper allocation could help increase returns so you can enjoy that second home sooner. know the right financial planning can help you save
2:13 pm
for college and retirement. know where you stand with pnc total insight. a new investing and banking experience with personalized guidance and online tools. visit a branch, call or go online today.
2:14 pm
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
welcome back. the ecoterrorists descending on man hat tan this weekend, they left a gig carbon foot print. in fact these -- resulting cleanup is going to cost a ton and guess who's going to pick up the tab? the taxpayer. when asked about their
2:17 pm
hypocrisy, my afternoon panelist, good friend michellefields, here's what they told them they had to say for themselves. >> what are you trying to achieve? >> we want to create 100% clean energy and we need to make a transition in this country, we need to show leadership. and that's why we're here. >> what do you say to critics, who say you go on marches and you're traveling and here you are trying to combat climate change. >> what about your own house, sir? >> 100%. >> let's bring on greg. these guys getting in big suvs. >> they createded more waste than a assume more wrestler on laxatives, they came to our town and they trashed it and then they leaf. but here's the thing, bob, you have to agree with me on this. most of the original leaders in
2:18 pm
the environmental movement are began. because it's not about climate, it's about capitalism. these people did noll go and protest china, they went to wall street. why did that do that? because it's about making money, it's about profits that they don't understand. meanwhile they claimed that they blocked wall street by blocking a street. they don't believe that markets are electronic. so they're sitting in the street like a bunch of numb skulls. >> there has been a merger of anti-business and some environmentalists, but i will say this, the amount of money it will take to clean up the streets of new york, they went right past my apartment building yesterday. but the amount of money we're going to spend to clean up superfund sites. >> let's not talk about global warming, superfund sites. >> superfund sites are cooperations. >> my point is, if you saw the people there, they were communists, they were socialists. it had nothing to do with the
2:19 pm
environment. what this is is using the environment as a tool to den great the world's greatest system. >> you call them communists and you call them terrorists? >> i'm talking about the fall groups that were there, we're proud communists. they were there u they marched. >> there were a lot of groups there. by the way, bonn, we have talked about this in the past, the u.s. snow and data center, said that the arctic ocean is not 2 million square kilometers, that's up 43% in two years. by the way, al gore predicted that by now there would be no sea ice. >> they're taking the shipping lanes -- well, okay, you have your facts, we have our facts. we don't agree. you believe that everything eels fine and dandy and the world's going to be just fine. we believe there's a catastrophe coming. they have never been able to take ships all the way across the northern hemisphere, they're doing it now, and the russians
2:20 pm
and the united states are arguing over who should get that seabed. there's a lot of facts on both sides. it doesn't do any good to call them names or to call them ecoterrorists. >> they trashed the place. >> hold on to that thought, it's not fair to call people names. on saturday "the wall street journal" in the review section, the headlining piece was climate science is not settled. it was written by somebody who, everybody i think agrees, is a smart, reasonable scientist. i spent my saturday watching that. he did work for president obama. last week it was proving that the u.s., and the eu, the european union, that china has now surpassed the combination of our emissions, all these people protesting, they will have no hardship. when we were protesting against vietnam, there was hardship. you were talking about people's lives and going over to fight against the north vietnamese. in the climate debate, there's
2:21 pm
no harm coming to these people. they don't have to sacrifice anything. you saw them get into their suvs and leave. there's nothing tangible, unless they want to go to china and fight for people's right to breathe clean air, i really think their energy would be better off talking about some sort of energy independence here in america, such as fracking would be just more productive. >> they did change china's way of doing government. there are people who did protest that. the and te yes or tian'anmen's was a good example of that. >> one of the biggest kenards that the press has falleni for, that by blaming individuals for their own choices, that's not the issue, you're letting the koch brothers run our democracy, and hurt our democracy, that's what you should be paying attention to, instead of asking inane questions about what kind
2:22 pm
of car somebody drives or whether or not they use cell phones. >> it's always good when you're around a kennedy to see both hands. >> i know, but that's almost kind of the go to, i like bobby jichbdal, he's a nice guy, i disagree with his politics, but nevertheless, my issue with the hypocrisy, there was such a mess. i have never seen in all the parades, this kind of mess as there was yesterday. at least throw away your garbage, practice what your preach. the puerto ricans, the irish, i'm sorry, both sides, neither made a mess like thachl. >> i keep coming back to that, bobby kennedy is a guy who's firmly committed to what he believes in. the guy from the wall street journal was one scientist, and there's lots of other scientists who disagree with him. the wall street journal of course went with this guy. >> the review section is not the
2:23 pm
editorial page. bob, i'll get you a copy of the "wall street journal," the review section is not the editorial page. >> it was written by a guy who was an advisor to president obama. >> going back, there's nothing wrong with caring about the environment. this has been hijacked by a different group of people. this is why you see people from greenpeace that are no longer involved in this, because this is going after western technology, we had 10 million iphones sold. i'm sure half of those people have those iphones. but that corporation isn't evil, because they're using that phone. they go after oil, but how do you think that stuff gets truck there had. >> how do you discharge your iphone? i want to ask you a question, why are you all so upset about this, if you're so right, and you've got all the science on your side, then just don't say anything, and just go on and let
2:24 pm
us be a bunch of communists. >> because your inane regulations on the american economy is actually -- >> our inane regulations? >> yes, it is hamstringing the ability of the economy to thrive and we could have money that could be invested to find -- >> president obama's own words, if you decide to build a coal firepower plant, we will necessarily bankrupt you. >> and this by the way is murderous, bob, if leo dicaprio took one of his chartered jets and filled it with coal and took it to a third world country where they are dying burning coal, when you give coal to countries like that, it saves lives, coal saves lives, but because they're unaware of that, they're woefully ignorant. >> why doesn't the coalition sell -- >> why don't they keep it here in america so we can get the
2:25 pm
profits? >> time to go. >> she pled the fifth before congress, but lois learner had plenty to say in her first interview to the press about that little irs scandal. spoiler alert, she's not sorry for anything she did, and k.g. has the rest coming up. "hello. you can go ahead and put your bag right here." "have a nice flight." ♪ music plays ♪ music plays traveling can feel like one big mystery. you're never quite sure what is coming your way.
2:26 pm
but when you've got an entire company who knows that the fewest cancellations and the most on-time flights are nothing if we can't get your things there, too. it's no wonder more people choose delta than any other airline.
2:27 pm
who's going to make it happen? discover a new energy source. turn ocean waves into power.
2:28 pm
design cars that capture their emissions. build bridges that fix themselves. get more clean water to everyone. who's going to take the leap? who's going to write the code? who's going to do it? engineers. that's who. that's what i want to do. be an engineer. join the scientists and engineers of exxonmobil in inspiring america's future engineers. energy lives here. [ male announcer ] momentum has a way of quietly exploding onto the scene. ♪ the new ram 1500 ecodiesel. with 28 highway miles per gallon, 420 pound-feet of torque. ♪ guts. glory. ram.
2:29 pm
lois learner refeudsed to talk to congress about her role in the targets of conservatives at the irs. >> i have decided to follow my council's advice and not testify or answer any of the questions today. i will not answer any questions or testify about the subject matter of this committee's meeting. i will decline to answer any question on the subject matter of this hearing.
2:30 pm
i respect friday -- >> learnered that just opened up to politico in her pittsburgh media interview. she maintains she didn't do anything wrong. she says she's proud of her career, did the best under the circumstances, and isn't sorry for anything. so what did she do with those e-mails, if i did know that, why wouldn't i have destroyed the other ones that they keep releasing? that was her duh moment. what do you make of this? >> well, when she says she's done nothing wrong, she's being true to herself. because targeting conservatives isn't wrong, conservatives are exempt from protections of abuse. but when you're usually doing something wrong, you don't plead the fifth and you don't hide from the press. if she had fled the country, then she really would have been innocent. it makes no sense. >> she should be in prison, she
2:31 pm
embodies the worst possible characteristics of a government employee, the above the law mentality, i can never do anything wrong. you want to be transparent, be transparent. cut a deal and let us know what's going on. >> mr. beckle, you said you do not understand her strategy? >> i don't understand her strategy, but she's entitled to a day in court before we put her in prison. >> we offered her one. she took the fifth. >> she still has a right to a trial and if they indict her, maybe she'll go to trial and maybe she won't. what i don't understand is why it took so long to come out with this. i suppose they thought politico would not ask the hard questions. obviously that is not the best forum for this woman. and i think probably it's too little, too late. but i still would like to see her get before a court of law before we all draw judgments
2:32 pm
about her. >> you know what? it's so sneaky, dana and under handed, because she's avoiding the law, she's avoiding the public forum, that she's supposed to represent. instead she goes to politico. i'm happy for them. but the point is, now she's talking, because she doesn't want to come forward and tell the public the truth, so it's a way to get her out in public. >> this is the first thing i saw this morning, and i was so angry that i put this aside. >> thank you, lois learner. >> i would just like to say, if i were in her shoes, i would like to think i had tom grace, some dignity, some honor, some self-respect to realize that to give an interview to inside the beltway type publication, where you're thumbing your nose at the rest of america isn't credible. she also says in interview that she expresses gratitude for her legal team's friendship. what about her gratitude for all
2:33 pm
those people that funded her all those years. she doesn't need a job, she retired with full benefits. >> so she ee's hiding the secre >> she should also be grateful to the media who advocated their responsibility. if they had actually droned the tea party, they would -- >> she told politico she did nothing wrong. let's remember how we even found out about this to begin with, she's the one that planted the question, clumsiily so, she jus said there was some problems, she was the one who started this ball rolling by saying she had done something wrong. >> i know, but now she's changing it. but who did the advance on this interview? because i these they already knew it was going to be a softball, where they were going to portray her as some sympathetic figure, but she's a lawbreak lawbreaker. >> i would defy anybody what
2:34 pm
suggest that the pretty point of this situation have not worked to affect the outcome. >> the irs who are not supposed to. so why can't they be held to a higher -- why can't they be held to the same standard as everybody else? because they're obama appointees? >> you know what's the worst, mr. beckle? is that o'reilly asked president obama regarding this, if there's any other corruption, he said not a smidgeon. how about you let us despite? >> i have a hunch, it's going to be a little bit more than a smidgeon of corruption. >> there hasn't been anybody in the obama administration, has there? >> has anybody been indicted in the obama administration? i can't remember. >> other remembers have had people indicted. we have not. >> if lois learner would tell us what was in those e-mails, maybe we would. >> obama doesn't have to worry about it. >> what about eric holder, why can't the u.s. attorney sign
2:35 pm
her, if she can do an interview with politico and several aides, and she suggests that she's a target of anti-semitism. >> tomorrow i'm going to bring in a total environment for her administration and we'll see. >> that would be great. that would be great to do some research and find that out. >> that's a great point, because she said that people were calling her names, which is not a good thing. but using a government agency to intimidate someone who's against you. >> it's because conservatives are crazy. it's all in the information. >> name calling is not bad, it's action. there were people who are victims of her deeds, i know name calling is bad, but that's different than deeds. there are a lot of folks making headlines these days for all kinds of bad reasons, you have heard about it, but we have a great story for you next, stay tuned for one athlete's incredible post game interview that's now going viral. greg has it. ♪
2:36 pm
♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ great rates for great rides. geico motorcycle, see how much you could save.
2:37 pm
2:38 pm
2:39 pm
2:40 pm
>> according to the news, the scariest thing ever isn't isis or ebola. it's football. if only we had less activity and more activism, which is why i think apoolis hester who plays in georgetown, texas was asked by a reporter how his team came back from behind. well, at first, i bet they started slow, they started real slow, and you know, that's all right, that's okay, because sometimes in life, you're going to start slow. >> well, at first we started voe, we started real slow, and that's all right, that's okay, because sometimes in life, you're going to start slow, that's okay, we told ourselves, we're going to start slow, we're going to keep going fast, we're
2:41 pm
going to start slow, but we're always going to finish fast, no matter what the score was, we're going to finish hard, we're going to finish that is, we weren't defeated but they had it. it took guts, it took an attitude, that's all it takes to be successful is an attitude. that's what our coach said, you're going to go out there and you're do it for one another, you're going to do it for ourselves and you're going to win. it's an awesome feeling that you truly believe that you're going to be suggest sessionful, regardless of the situation, regardless of the scoreboard, you're going to be successful because you put in the hard time, all the effort, all the work, you know it's going to pay off. and if it doesn't pay off, if you still lose the game, you continue to get yourselves back, that's what we realize, we realized win or lose, it's going to be all right, it's going to be okay, we're going to keep smiling, it was awesome,
2:42 pm
awesome. >> it is awesome. but it's not over as reporter lauren mickler finds. >> we met earlier this week, and this was the enthusiasm we saw. >> you can do anything you put your mind to, never give up on your dreams. if you fall down, just get up. if you can't get up, your friends are there to help you, your mama, your daddy are there to help pick you up. >> can he have his own show, please? it's a reminder that many have for fitted winning for whining, what you heard is real truth the kind that existed before modern culture d cultu culture den greated -- apollo's speech was an express of joy one gets from seeing results from hard work, discipline and a plan, imagine if you could put that feeling in a pill, but you can't and that's the point.
2:43 pm
>> that was kimberly, that was the greatest sports speech ever? >> i love his enthusiasm. and replays sports, high on life. he's a young guy, who's really excited about playing for the team. he's enthusiastic. it's very charming, don't you think? it's very cute. i would love to see him in the nfl. >> i don't think this guy is going to have a single problem in life that he can't solve. >> i think he's going to be donald trump. he's a great inspiration, and i have never heart all this collectively said. >> exactly, he just took everything and put it together. eric, this is what sports needs. you don't see enough of this. >> i got to tell you, if espn were smart, they would start talking to him, not because of his sports agility, but the way he can put down a rant like that. you know who else? joel osteen, that guy's not a minister. he's inspirational, bob.
2:44 pm
>> yes, he is and so is this kid, mr. appolos, he gave glory to god. this kid is -- i hope he listens to everything this kid just said. >> i was like the little kit that ran out of the corner there. i'm a relentlessly negative person. >> i'm surprised you liked it. >> because the message wasn't about be happy or feel good, but work hard and you'll do good. >> if you fall down, there's a lot of people around to pick you up. >> i hope our producer reporter is taking notes so that in the green room, we can have up talks, something exciting. rather than trying to beat us down all the time. >> want a diet coke? >> a diet coke would be great, as a matter of fact. >> all this enthusiasm, if he had diet coke.
2:45 pm
>> the message from this just lifting speech is demand more soda in the green room. >> he's going to be awesome. >> when i'm out, he should be sitting where i am. >> that would be fine. >> that would leave too much optimism. >> ahead on "the five" are women moodier than men? or is it the other way around? we debate the science of the sexes when we come back. which encourage people to take their medications regularly. so join us as we raise a glass to everyone who remembered today. bottoms up, america. see you tomorrow. same time. another innovation from cvs health. because health is everything.
2:46 pm
whenwork with equity experts who work with regional experts that's when expertise happens. mfs. because there is no expertise without collaboration.
2:47 pm
i'm the gas service supervisor my nhere in sonoma county.ez. we moved up here 35 years ago and we just love it up here, it's a fantastic place to live. our function is customer support - making sure that our customers are safe and that's the most important thing. we know we are part of a huge company but sonoma county is our home. sonoma county is our pg&e. it makes me feel that what we're doing really means something in the community and it's just a great, great feeling.
2:48 pm
2:49 pm
now here's a story that should make for interesting discussion. a new survey determined that the average woman spends about ten days a year -- a year? in a bad mood for all kinds of reasons, something that strikes fear in the hearts of men around the globe, including me. but i think ten days is terribly underestimated. >> you said it was 100 in the green room. >> i thought it was ten days every ten days. but go ahead. >> then you're supposed to be in a bad mood for the entire day. but i agree, my husband worries about me getting in a bad mood. it happened on a friday night, we are coming back from a friday, in the car after a nice evening, he said oh, by the way,
2:50 pm
i might be in the "new york post" tomorrow. why? well in the morning, this was the picture that was in the "new york post." here's the cyclist that ran into the woman that left her brain dead. the next day the cops were there to give tickets. that cop on the right, he almost hit jasper, that's my husband scolding him and the cop actually came over and gave the cyclist a ticket. but peter refused to give his name to the paper because he knew i would be not happy. but then everybody loved it, including tucker carlson called to give him props. >> it's amazing, i find him very attractive. >> that would probably put you in a bad mood. >> that would put me in the best mood, because then i would know that i was married to a real man. let me tell you these cyclists are reckless. they run into children, animals. >> the subject is about your mood. i was saying that kind of thing excites me. >> what puts you in a bad mood? >> laziness, not being are
2:51 pm
active? >> not being proactive and laziness? >> get to it. don't ask me what you already know what needs to get done. >> get to it. you could draw a lot of conclusions about what would make you moody about that. eric, have you been subjected to bad moods by your -- >> i think that number's way und overstated, i think it's a lot less 10 days. >> when you count sleeping, it comes to about three minutes per hour that women are in a bad mo mood. >> three minutes an hour per day? >> you're married to someone who is not originally from the united states. do you find any difference in moods from, say, her -- >> there are cultural differences. but i don't blame women for being in bad moods, because their role is to maintain civilization, they're the most important sex on the planet. we're only there as men, we're only there to help and you don't
2:52 pm
need a lot of us, you don't need a lot of us to help. which is why a lot of us are so lazy in our lay abouts which tick women off? do women have a right to be angry because there are so many dufusses? >> if women were in more bad moods, think of how many less children there would be. >> how many days a year are men in bad moods? 37% because being overweight, here's the reasons, 37% say it's being overweight. 31%, partner not listening. feeling under the witness. >> that would put women in a bad mood? >> not enough fox news hours, that was he was angry that day. >> you go through the three things you said were the things
2:53 pm
that got you in a bad mood? >> no, because you want to make fun of me? >> i don't. i said not getting on it. >> not getting on it. okay, one more thing is up next. how much money do you have in your pocket right now? i have $40, $21. could something that small make an impact on something as big as your retirement? i don't think so. well if you start putting that towards your retirement every week and let it grow over time, for twenty to thirty years, that retirement challenge might not seem so big after all. ♪
2:54 pm
people who know me, to this day theyay,antix. "i never thought you would quit." you know, i really didn't either but chantix helped me do it. along with support, chantix (varenicline) is proven to help people quit smoking. it gave me the power to overcome the urge to smoke. some people had changes in behavior, thinking or mood, hostility, agitation, depressed mood and suicidal thoughts or actions while taking or after stopping chantix. if you notice any of these, stop chantix and call your doctor right away. tell your doctor about any history of mental health problems, which could get worse while taking chantix. don't take chantix if you've had a serious allergic or skin reaction to it. if you develop these, stop chantix and see your doctor right away as some can be life-threatening. tell your doctor if you have a history of heart or blood vessel problems, or if you develop new or worse symptoms. get medical help right away if you have symptoms of a heart attack or stroke. use caution when driving or operating machinery. common side effects include nausea, trouble sleeping and unusual dreams. i'm a nonsmoker; that feels amazing.
2:55 pm
ask your doctor if chantix is right for you. right here. with a control pad that can read your handwriting, a wide-screen multimedia center, and a head-up display for enhanced driver focus. all inside a newly redesigned cabin of unrivaled style and comfort. ♪ the all-new c-class. at the very touch point of performance and innovation. ♪
2:56 pm
it's time now for one more thing.
2:57 pm
take a look at this. this happened at the texas a&m smu game this weekend. ryan creator, who's the person protecting the mascot there. see the dog there? that's the texas a&m mascot, he just stepped in there to protect the mascot. so a good deed goes rewarded. which is really nice to see. right, k.g.? >> yeah, your good deed. all right, so, you know it's not the royals, but "friends" turns 20. the 20 most memorable quotes from the show there. how many of you watched "friends? ". >> oh, definitely. >> we have a little picture of it. people in the control room?
2:58 pm
>> my sister still watches it today. she loves it. >> very cool. >> it's time for greg's crime corner. all right, this is an amazing thing that's going on around the world, take a look at this, groups of kidnappers going around in big white circles, what they're doing is, they're kidnapping cows, they take the cows, they're putting them in the back seat of their car. >> this is not cool. >> this is happening everywhere. this happened in downtown manhattan, just last night. it may look like russia, but it isn't. that is in new york. and they're driving away. and ironically, you can't find the faces of the cows on milk cartons. they should, so if you see a cow in a car and it's moving fast, or mooing, don't handle it yourself.
2:59 pm
>> so charlo green, a reporter for a fox affiliate in alaska, quit her job. >> not that i have a choice, but [ bleep ]. >> she just quit. right there. >> we don't get to hear the back story. >> the problem is, they go back to the desk, and then there's this whole awkward moment with the anchor at the desk. what did she say, by the way? >> she and bob having? in common. bob, you're last. >> i want to give a shoutout to my old buddy donald trump, who's like a political extraordinary. donald sent out a tweet in support for senator majority leader mitch mcconnell. what donald said is why would the people of kentucky want a rookie senator, they have sen
3:00 pm
mitch mcconnell. let me just tell you that mitch mcconnell would not be speaker e he would be majority leader. >> you can watch "the five" on your computer, smart phone or tablet. go to fox this is a fox news alert, i'm brett baier in washington, while president obama figures out how to fight isis on their home turf, faces chilling news that some may already be on our home tuft. >> reporter: an alarming admission from a senior administration official that of the 100 americans who have travelled to syria to train with isis, a number of them are already back in the united states. there are, quote, some who have gone to syria, some who have tried to go, and some who have come back and are under active fbi surveillance. >> east these have individuals who have been trained, who have


info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on